|Toronto Police Service
Community Safety Notification, High-risk sex offender released, Joseph Thayakaran Joseph, 45, Photograph of man released
Wednesday, February 14, 2018 – 9:06 AM
On Wednesday, February 14, 2018, Joseph Thayakaran Joseph, 45, is to be released from prison after serving an eight-year, 10-month sentence for:
1) two counts of Sexual Assault
2) Sexual Assault with a Weapon
3) three counts of Forcible Confinement
He will be living in Toronto upon his release. The Toronto Police Service is notifying the public of his release due to his high-risk potential to re-offend.
He is subject to an 810.2 Recognizance order requiring him to abide by numerous conditions, including:
1) Report weekly to the Toronto Police Service
2) Not to enter into an intimate relationship, cohabitation, marriage or common-law relationship with a female until that person has been identified to the Toronto Police Service
3) Not to use social media accounts including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc, without specified permission. Any account used must be viewable by the public
4) Not have contact directly or indirectly with any person on social media unless specific permission is obtained 24 hours in advance of doing so.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Pauline Gray, Sex Crimes