CKUT’s 29th Annual Funding Drive is a 11-day-long live fundraising campaign, essential to CKUT’s annual operating budget. It is a celebration of all the accomplishments, efforts, and hopes that are at the core of CKUT’s social justice-oriented mandate. The staff, volunteers, and programmers, together, organize special programming and events and bring in our friends, family, and communities to support and honour the importance of alternative media. This is also the time of the year where we thank the broader Montreal community for all the community support – past and present. Our goal is to raise $50 000 this year; help us reach our goal for our 30th Anniversary!
* $30 – 1 CD/book (list of books below) + 1 entry into the Grand Prize Draw + one 2016 t-shirt or water bottle (while supplies last)
* $60 – 1 CD/book + 1 entry into the Grand Prize Draw + one 2017 t-shirt + one 2016 gift
* $90.3 – 1 CD/book + 1 entry into the Grand Prize Draw + one 2017 t-shirt + bag + one 2016 gift
* $120 (or $10/month) – 2 CDs/books + 2 entries into the Grand Prize Draw + one 2017 t-shirt + bag + toque + one 2016 gift
* $240 (or $20/month) – 3 CDs/books + 3 entries into the Grand Prize Draw + four 2017 gifts + one 2016 gift
* $480 (or $40/month) – 4 CDs/books + 4 entries into the Grand Prize Draw + five 2017 gifts + one 2016 gift
GRAND PRIZE DRAW
For any donation of $30 or higher, you have a chance to win one of the following below. The Grand Prize Draw will take place December 1st, 2017 so pay your pledges by then! We will be doing an early bird draw for the RIDM festival passes, M for Montreal passes and Mundial Montreal passes on November 3rd, 2017, just in time for the festivals.
5:00PM-6:00PM LABOUR RADIO Funding Drive Special with Will Prosper of Montreal-Nord Republick about the City of Montreal’s stance on racial profiling, with Yogi Acharya of the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty on why the federal government’s recently announced National Housing Strategy is a smokescreen, with Sebastien Collard of Recycle ta Caisse on divesting Quebec from fossil fuels and special coverage of last Sunday’s 15 km march for a minimum wage of $15/hour
FRI OCTOBER 20
9:00AM-11:00AM JAZZ AMUCK 30 years (+1) – funding drive 2017 show #1! Blast to the past! Jazz freedom circa 1987. Jazz Amuck FD Special will feature free-jazz, improvisation, musiques actuelles, downtown-loft jazz, avant-garde, and related recordings from 1987, the year of CKUT’s appearance on the FM dial in Montreal