Donna Magazine

Everybody Has a Story

[GAC_Canada] Fw: Financial Support for Child Care

Hello community massive,
Do you know somebody who would benefit from this information. Please share and thanks.
Click on link for the full details.
Louis X
Financial Support for Child Care
How to get government subsidies and grants to help you pay for child care or to support children with special needs.
On this page

Ontario child care subsidy
Families can apply for the Ontario child care subsidy. The cost of this program is shared by the Ontario government, municipal governments and First Nations communities.
You can apply if your child is under 13 years old (or up to 18 years old if your child has special needs) and in either:
·        a licensed child care program
·        a school-aged child enrolled in an approved recreation program
·        a before- and after-school program operated directly by a school board
Note: The Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) came into effect on August 31, 2015. The CCEYA defines “child” as a person who is younger than 13 years old. Children with special needs who are already in the child care system or enter the child care system by August 31, 2017 will be eligible to receive funding and financial assistance under CCEYA until they reach 18 years of age, provided that they meet other eligibility criteria that is unrelated to age.
The amount you pay for child care depends on your family’s adjusted net income.
To calculate your net income:
·        take your net income amount on line 236 of the Canada Revenue Agency personal income tax form
Then subtract:
·        any federal Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) payments (the UCCB is not considered in determining a family’s child care fee subsidy)
How to apply
The ministry provides funding for fee subsidies. To apply for the child care subsidy or to get more information about this program, please contact your local:
·        local band office administrator (for First Nations)
Ontario Child Benefit
The Ontario Child Benefit (OCB) helps low-to-moderate income families – whether they are working or not – to provide for their children.
Depending on your family income, you may qualify for the OCB, if you:
·        are the primary caregiver of a child under 18
·        are a resident of Ontario
·        have filed and had assessed your previous year’s income tax return, and so has your spouse or common-law partner, and
·        have registered your child for the federal Canada Child Tax Benefit
How to apply
There is no application required for the OCB.
Funding changes
Starting July 2015, the OCB will be indexed to inflation.
Ontario Child Care Supplement
Since 2007, Ontario Child Care Supplement (OCCS) payments have been reduced by a family’s Ontario Child Benefit amount. The OCCS ended in July 2014, when the maximum annual OCB increased to $1,310 per child.
Final payment
The final OCCS entitlement will be paid for June 2014, with a final application deadline for this entitlement by December 31, 2015.
If an application is filed after December 31, 2015, OCCS entitlements will not be paid. Eligible families will continue to receive child benefit payments through the OCB.
Universal Child Care Benefit
The Government of Canada’s Universal Child Benefit also helps Canadian families pay for child care costs.
You can apply if you have a child under the age of 6.
Canada Child Tax Benefit
The Canada Child Tax Benefit is a tax-free monthly payment. It helps families pay for the costs of raising children under the age of 18.
Children with special needs
Children with special needs may require personalized attention and activities or special devices, toys and equipment.
Special Needs Resourcing (SNR) helps support the inclusion of children with special needs in licensed child care settings and approved recreation programs at no additional cost to parents / guardians.
How it works
School boards are responsible for providing supports to enable inclusion of children with special needs in board-operated before- and after-school programs.
The government provides funding to Consolidated Municipal Service Managers (CMSMs) or District Social Services Administration Boards (DSSABs). These municipal service managers then provide funding to agencies, to support the inclusion of children with special needs in licensed child care and approved recreation programs.
Agencies use this funding for special needs resources, which pay for staff, equipment, supplies and other services.
For more information, contact your CMSMs/DSSAB.
For more support
Find out about resources in your area for children with special needs by contacting your local:
·        band office administrator (for First Nations with provincial child care contracts)
There are also supports for school-aged children with special needs or for children with developmental disabilities such as hearing, speech and language problems.
Updated: December 16, 2015
Related information
·        Related 

Categories: Writing (all kinds)

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s