This Is From Celebrity Trainer Josh In Austin TX
Chances are if you’re like most people you don’t have a lot of patience when it comes to dropping flab.
ESPECIALLY with summer and swimsuit season already upon us (it’s actually already here in Austin).
With that in mind, is it possible to really drop 10 lbs in just 7 days? It is if you follow these steps (and you have 30 or more pounds to lose overall).
1. Ditch all the “white stuff.” White bread, sugars, potatoes, cereals and even rice. (Exception: Cauliflower. It’s a great choice.) These foods quickly convert to stored body fat.
2. Get to work. If you want extreme fat loss then you have to be willing to move that body. I’m talking about at least 60 minutes of rather an intense exercise a day. (Not a leisure walk in the park… literally.)
3. Confuse your calories. If you just eat carrot sticks all day you’re going to end up shutting down your fat-burning hormones and slowing down your metabolism; you’ll gain weight in the long run. The trick is to “trick” your fat burning hormones by eating different amounts of calories each day. (And some days you need to eat a LOT more calories than others.)
4. Up your protein. Many people are eating too many carbs and not enough protein (like cottage cheese, beef, chicken, and turkey). And the cool thing about protein is when you eat it, your body will use up to 30% of its calories just to digest it. That means 1000 calories of protein really equals about 700 calories. That’s 300 free calories!
5. More fibre, please. Many Americans have a digestive tract that is loaded with “toxic waste.” The reason is they aren’t eating enough fiber (at least 30 grams a day) especially from sources like beans, vegetables, and certain fruits. Up your fiber and you will rid your body of pounds of waste.
6. Drink like a fish. Drinking water causes you to retain water and feel bloated right? WRONG! Drinking the right amount of water helps your body burn fat and release excess water weight. Take your body weight and divide it by two. That’s how many ounces you should get each day.
I hope you enjoyed these tips.
Best of health